We all know the feeling: it’s the late 2000s, love is in the air, and you have a crush that’s in the fifth grade (wow!). Here are 5 foolproof ways to get him to notice you– just in time for Valentine’s Day!
- Talk to him about his interests. Mmkay, so we all know that boys love video games, cars, superheroes, and riding their Ripstiks down the street. If you want to get a boy’s attention, show him that you can be just one of the guys. Talk to him about Spiderman. Tell him you couldn’t get enough of the latest episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The key to finding love is meeting people where they are.
- Slip him a note from a “secret admirer”. You know what boys can’t get enough of? Mystery. Leaving a note with all the lyrics to Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” written in a pink glitter gel pen will definitely Drive. Him. Wild. Pro-tip: Sign the letter with your first initial and make sure all of your i’s are dotted with hearts. Slide it in his cubby, sit back, and wait for the magic to happen.
- Ask him to do you a favor. Studies show that people consider others more likable after they have done a small favor for that person. Seems counterintuitive, right? Well, if you ask him to give you the rarest Silly Bandz in his collection for no compensation whatsoever “as a favor”, well, you’ve got this in the bag, girly! You’ll so get to go to the Sadie Hawkins Valentine’s Dance with a swaggy date at this rate, queen!
- Put effort into his Valentine’s Day card. Your valentine’s card for him is your best chance to shine. If you buy a 30-pack of Valentines from the store, make sure you ask yourself: which one of these, undeniably, has the greatest sex appeal? Everyone’s judgement is different on this, so don’t sweat it too much, but putting thought into the one you give him will make all of the difference. Personally, I’ll be going with Sandy from the Spongebob standard pack for my valentine. And yes, I will be taping two heart-shaped lollipops to his card on “accident”. It’s all about the details, ladies!
- Spend time with him. This one seems pretty obvious; it is so important to spend quality time with a future BF. But let’s admit it: it can be hard to spend time with your crush when he’s got his own busy schedule and you’ve got work tomorrow. TBH tho, love will find a way! Yas, queen!
So there you have it! Use these tips, and you’ll def get his attention, and maybe even something more!